OMC Workshop: Introduction to MI
Date: THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 10, 2016
Location: Central Maine Community College, 1250 Turner Street, Auburn, ME 04210
Time: 8:00 am — 5:00 pm (Registration 7:30 am—8:00 am)
After the training you will be able to:
• Describe the client-centered model and its application toward changing at-risk health behaviors.
• Understand the difference between and proper use of communication styles: following, directing, guiding.
• Understand and apply the communication skills: asking, listening, and informing.
• Identify and respond to change talk and sustain talk
• Help the client raise issues of at-risk health behavior change without prompting resistance from the client.
• Effectively respond to client resistance.
• Work with a client to resolve ambivalence
• Establish rapport with clients.
• Empower clients by emphasizing personal choice and control.
• Successfully set agendas for change that are important to the client.
• Assess the client’s feelings about behavior change (level of importance, confidence, and readiness).
• Assist the client in further exploring the importance of change and the confidence to make change occur.
• Relate issues of health to real life values
• Provide accurate exchange of information to when appropriate, and elicit relevance of the information to the client’s situation.
• Take home a “Tool Box” of strategies for furthering and directing the behavior change collaboration with the client.
Workshop Cost $90.00/person
DON’T MISS THE $10.00 EARLY BIRD SAVINGS
-If registered and paid by October 15th cost is $80.00/person
11.10.2016This workshop is limited to the first 25 registered participants.
Send Registration form and payment to:
Occupational Medical Consulting, LLC
Attn: Holly Feldman
306 Campbell Road Leeds, ME 04263
Make Checks Payable to: Occupational Medical Consulting
*Cancellation requests (via email please) made between 7 and 30 days prior to the workshop will be charged a minimum of 25% of the original workshop fee. *No refunds will be available for cancellations within one week of the workshop.
Click on the flyer and registration form below for more information!